June 30, 2016:
Happy Social Media Day!
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI), we use social media to connect with communities, share the stories of our people, the work we do, and recruit new talent. Over the next three years, we’re forecasted to hire almost 7,900 people across our operations. Social media is one of the ways we get the word out on our career opportunities.
This year we are celebrating Social Media Day with our top ten social media stories of the past year:
1. JDI Welcomes 54 Former Potash Employees with more to come.
|Hired into the Pulp and Paper Division: Front Row: Robert Paterson, Ken Fenwick; 2nd Row: Kris Kyle, Troy Allaby; 3rd Row: Kyle Bennett, Frank Marr; Stairs: Ryan London, Jeff Pearson, Joe Miller. |
Missing from photo: Rob Secord, Clifford Marr, Daniel Backa, David Graham, Shawn Jones.
2. Caleb Waite of Belleisle wins $32,000 Scholarship
5. Ann Mellema, Director of Program Governance, has been honoured by the Women's Executive Network (WXN) 2015 Canada's Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award Winner.
6. New Grad. New Job. New Brunswick. The University of New Brunswick, Université de Moncton and New Brunswick Community College graduates walked across the stage this spring and walked into a career with JDI.
7. In the next three years, we will welcome over 2,000 students into our organization for summer, internship or co-op work terms. Every four months we welcome a new group. See our story on welcoming the 2016 summer students.
|Head office co-op students at orientation.|
8. Lacey is one of 600 UNB Alumni at J. D. Irving, Limited and she wants to say congrats to all of this year’s graduates!
9. Transformation Tuesday: Elyse joined JDI as a Marketing Coordinator and is now an HR Generalist in Dieppe.
Chris Clark of Kingston Peninsula, New Brunswick went to NBCC on a scholarship from JDI. He’s now Department Superintendent at Irving Pulp and Paper.
| Chris Clark is a Department Superintendent at Irving Pulp and Paper. The NBCC graduate is currently pursuing his Bachelor of Applied Management from the University of New Brunswick, supported by the company. |
Thank you so much to our employees who share their community involvement and career path stories with us and our friends on social media.