J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) is pleased to participate in The Learning Partnership’s national “Take Our Kids to Work” program.
Each November during National Career Week, Grade 9 students across Canada have the opportunity to spend one day at work. On November 6, many Grade 9 students who are children of JDI employees will experience firsthand some of the career options that JDI offers by job shadowing a parent, guardian, or volunteer.
JDI has been a proud partner of the program for several years, and hundreds of JDI employees’ children have enjoyed this enriching opportunity. The students receive valuable exposure to the work world, while the parents enjoy the shared experience and an opportunity to begin a career dialogue with their child.
Over the years, the JDI kids have taken train rides, tug boat rides, paper mill tours, and hands-on Information Technology and resume-writing workshops.
JDI continues to invest in and build its business with the skills of great employees. Between now and 2015, the company will require over 6500 new employees as a result of retirements, turnover, and consideration of current growth forecasts. Most of the new jobs fall within the following categories:
About 75 percent of the new employees will be hired in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The remaining 25 percent will be hired in Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, and Alberta) and the United States (Massachusetts, Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Hampshire, and New York).
JDI is committed to growing leaders and providing them with challenging and rewarding career opportunities. With a focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across various industries, JDI offers both internal and external educational courses tailored to individual needs. We partner with some of the top educational and training development schools that are considered to be "leaders in developing leaders”. We also offer programs in the areas of safety, environmental practices, leading change, finance, commercial excellence, and continuous improvement. These are in addition to investments in specialized training and certifications for various professions and operators. Training, development, and growing future leaders is a priority at JDI.
Join one company and grow with many.
Please visit www.jdirving.com/careers to view our current opportunities and submit your application online. Keep connected and follow us on Twitter @jdicareers.